Sunday, January 23, 2011

Flowers

Eventually, the time comes in marriage when you realize that the other person is not perfect. Mike and I had that moment these last few weeks. We have learned, though, that for every action there is an equally important reaction and that when someone makes a mistake or accidentally hurts the other one, it is necessary to work together. I am thankful for my husband and his great example to me. He continues to show his patience and makes effort to ensure that a trusting environment is also felt in our home.

As a surprise one day (as I was at work on a bad weather day and school was cancelled), Mike decided to surprise me at work by bringing me a bouquet of flowers. When he was at the store, he ran into an elderly man at the flower display named Donald. He and Donald got to talking and Donald asked him if he was in "trouble". Mike laughed and said "maybe a little". Donald then told him that he too had bought many flowers in his life and looking back, all those flowers were worth it. He expressed his love for his patient wife and encouraged Mike to keep buying flowers. Though a random encounter, Mike left with new insight and a greater determination to always progress forward in our marriage.

I cannot express how grateful I am to my father in heaven for giving me such a wonderful companion. Someone who is quick to seek forgiveness when needs be, but even quicker to give forgiveness in return.

1 comment: